Skip to content
Pen laying on forms

Admissions and Records

Register for Classes

Before meeting with an Academic Advisor, students must:

  1. Apply for Admissions to John A. Logan College and receive a student ID#.
  2. Fill out the Application for Change of Residency to receive in-district tuition
  3. Send final high school or GED transcripts to or drop off in Admissions and Records, Office C201.
  4. *Transfer Students Only* Send official college transcripts to John A. Logan College and fill out the Transcript Evaluation Request form.
  5. Take the Accuplacer placement test if you wish to enroll in college level English and Math courses and no prior courses have been successfully completed.
  6. Accept terms of the Registration Agreement and Student Information Update by clicking on Registration on your MyJALC portal for the correct term in which you plan to enroll.
  7. Meet with an Academic Advisor to enroll in classes. Students may contact Academic Advisement at 618-985-2828 Ext. 8070 or email to schedule an appointment with an Advisor. To find an Advisor who specializes in your major of choice, please see our Find Your Advisor page.

After successful completion of your first semester, students can register for classes on myJALC using the Registration portlet. Course Registration Instructions can be found on MyJALC or or the MyJALC Course Registration Instructions page!

Registration Restrictions

A registration restriction may be on a student account to restrict the adding or dropping of classes if a student is on a financial aid appeal, a TRIO member, an International student, a John A. Logan College Ambassador, Athlete, or Dual Credit/Early College student. If you believe you have a registration restriction on your account and would like to know more, please contact Admissions and Records at 618-985-2828 Ext. 8298.

Illinois Sexual Harassment Law