What is Reverse Transfer?
The process in which students transfer courses from the university back to the community college to complete an unfinished associate’s degree is called reverse transfer. John A Logan will review your credits from the university to determine if those courses would meet your awaited degree requirements.
What are the benefits?
- An associate’s degree is a recognized and meaningful credential that could increase the potential of obtaining employment, internship opportunities, or earning a raise at your current workplace
- Students who graduate with an associate’s degree are more likely to continue on and complete a bachelor’s degree
- Obtaining an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science fulfills the general education requirements at most four-year universities in Illinois
What steps do I take to initiate the reverse transfer process?
- You must have attended John A Logan College previously and earned at least 12 credits towards your prospective degree
- Send your university transcripts to John A Logan and fill out our Transcript Evaluation Form
- Apply for graduation
- John A Logan Admissions and Records will determine if you have met degree requirements and email you a graduation evaluation
Contact Admissions and Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618-985-2828 Ext 8298