Skip to content
Pen laying on forms

Admissions and Records

Reverse Transfer

What is Reverse Transfer?

The process in which students transfer courses from the university back to the community college to complete an unfinished associate’s degree is called reverse transfer. John A Logan will review your credits from the university to determine if those courses would meet your awaited degree requirements.

What are the benefits?

  • An associate’s degree is a recognized and meaningful credential that could increase the potential of obtaining employment, internship opportunities, or earning a raise at your current workplace
  • Students who graduate with an associate’s degree are more likely to continue on and complete a bachelor’s degree
  • Obtaining an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science fulfills the general education requirements at most four-year universities in Illinois

What steps do I take to initiate the reverse transfer process?

  1. You must have attended John A Logan College previously and earned at least 12 credits towards your prospective degree
  2. Send your university transcripts to John A Logan and fill out our Transcript Evaluation Form
  3. Apply for graduation
  4. John A Logan Admissions and Records will determine if you have met degree requirements and email you a graduation evaluation


Contact Admissions and Records at or call 618-985-2828 Ext 8298