Skip to content
Pen laying on forms

Admissions and Records

Admissions FAQ

  1. What should l do after I apply to JALC?
    You will receive an email with your student ID#, password information, and additional information to the email you provided on your application. After you have received the email with your ID#, you can email or call 618-985-2828 Ext 8070 to set up an appointment with an Academic Advisor to schedule classes. After applying, you should also provide final high school transcripts or GED and proof of residency information to the Office of Admissions and Records. If you did not receive a “getting started” email, please contact the Admissions and Records Office at or call us at 618-985-2828 Ext 8298.
  2. How do I request my official JALC transcript?
    John A Logan College uses Parchment online transcript service to send official transcripts to the destination of your choice. Click here to order a transcript now – Order my transcript through Parchment online
    Students can request transcripts through Parchment for $6.00 or order them in the Admissions and Records office in C201 for $8.00. When possible, a request should be made well in advance of the date when the transcript is needed. Transcript orders can take up to two business days to process. Visit the Request a Transcript page on our website for more information.
  3. I’m not doing well in one of my courses, how do I drop a course so it does not affect my GPA?
    To drop or withdraw from a course you are currently enrolled in, you can fill out the Request to Drop Course(s) form or email
  4. I was administratively withdrawn from a course, how do I request to re-enroll?
    If a student has been withdrawn from a course due to excessive, unexcused absences or lack of participation in an online course, the student can appeal the withdrawal grade and request to be re-enrolled by contacting their instructor. If the instructor grants the student’s appeal to be re-enrolled, the instructor will email the Office of Admissions and Records. The Office will then officially re-enroll the student and notify the student via email.
  5. Do I have to apply for graduation if I do not plan to walk in the commencement ceremony?
    Yes, although you do not intend to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must complete the Graduation Application in order to have the degree(s) awarded and noted on your official transcript. We recommend applying for graduation when you are one semester away from completing your degree. Your Academic Advisor can help you determine when to apply as well. After applying, the Office of Admissions and Records will email you an official graduation evaluation to the email provided on your application.