Disability Support Services
Beginning Fall 2021, accommodation letters will not be emailed to students or instructors by DSS office. Accommodation letters will need to be picked up by student and distributed to their instructors.
To receive your approved accommodations:
- Please complete the request form on our webpage and email to the DSS office (email@example.com) or stop by C219 for a paper form.
- You will need to pick up and sign the letter of approved accommodations to distribute to your instructors from DSS office after completing an accommodations request.
The Disability Support Services program is committed to providing support to John A. Logan College students who meet the requirements of a person with a disability according to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and ADA Amendments Act of 2008. Our hope is that support services and an individualized approach will provide students with the needed resources to help make their experience at John A. Logan College a successful one.
In order to qualify for services, students must contact Disability Support Services and schedule an appointment with the coordinator. Disability Support Services is coordinated by Janelle Noldin. She may be contacted by phone at (618) 985-3741, Ext. 8270 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her office is located in the Student Success Center in room C219.
Students should bring to their appointment, if available, current documentation which indicates the following:
- Diagnosis of disability
- Functional limitations (How the disability substantially limits one or more major life activity)
- Recommendations for the academic environment
Click the link below to view our documentation guidelines.
Guidelines for documenting a disability (PDF).
All documentation is kept confidential. For more information on acceptable documentation, contact the coordinator.
Accommodations may include:
- Note taking
- Readers and/or scribes for exams
- Extended time testing
- Accessible seating
- Recording of lectures
- Alternate format materials
- Disability parking stickers
- Assistive technology
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF documents.