COVID-19 safety protocol guidelines and FAQs will provide Logan students, current employees, and community members the latest information to help you accomplish your goals while keeping you safe.
Here are the highlights of what you need to know:
- Per current CDC guidelines masks are recommended in high traffic areas on campus
- Current CDC guidelines also state that vaccination for COVID -19 is the best way to prevent the long-term spread
- The statewide Covid-19 vaccination/testing mandate has expired, and students who have not provided proof of their vaccine status NO LONGER have to test weekly for COVID-19.
- On-campus COVID-19 testing is NO LONGER available.
- Refer to the Bi-County Public Health , Jackson County Health Department, Randolph County Health Department or Perry County Department of Health, for information about community COVID-19 testing sites and other testing resources.
If you are in close contact with a positive case of COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) it is recommended that you mask for five days and test on the fifth day (regardless of vaccination status), you are not required to isolate.
Students enrolled in in-person classes or students who will be present on campus (regardless of vaccination status) are requested to self-report the following:
- Testing Positive for COVID-19
- Students should self-report to the Office of Student Affairs. Student affairs will contact your faculty regarding the excused absence.
- You are responsible for working with your instructors to make up work missed during the absence.
If You Test Positive for COVID-19 (regardless of vaccination status isolate)
- Isolate for a minimum of 5 days. You may be required to isolate a period longer than 5 days based upon your symptoms.
- If you have a fever, continue to stay home until you are fever-free for 24 hours.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms have resolved after 5 days, you can end your quarantine, but you must wear a mask when in contact with others for an additional five days.
- Visit the following website for isolation guidance: COVID Isolation Calculator