Skip to content
Table with Veterans Resource Office brochures and ribbon

Veterans Resource Office

Veterans Resource Office

Sep 2
(Labor Day) - No Classes
Nov 11
(Veteran's Day) - No Classes
Nov 25 to Nov 30
(Thanksgiving Break) - No Classes
Dec 25
(Christmas Day) - No Classes
Jan 1
(New Year's Day) - No Classes

Most Commonly Asked Questions

Visit and create an account. You can choose “Register” and not use a CAC Login.

Once registered, you can go to your Transcripts tab, type in “John A Logan College” (no punctuation) as the institution you wish to have your transcripts sent to, and verify your delivery method (suggestion: use online delivery).

If you want your military transcripts to be articulated, make sure you fill out a Transcript Evaluation Request and have it sent to Admissions.

Also, remember to turn in your DD214 to Admissions. This gives all veterans HTH 110 (2) and PED 1000 (2) college credits.

You have applied for your benefit, but you have not received your eligibility letter. Where can you get a copy of it to turn into your college?

For GI Bill® Programs, you can call 1-888-442-4551 and request that VA send you another copy of your eligibility benefit or use “Ask VA”.

You can get a copy of your Post 9/11 eligibility letter on eBenefits:

If you have attended a previous college, you can also ask them for a copy of your eligibility letter. Depending on each college’s policy they may be able to send it to your new school or you may have to pick it up. Be sure to ask.

To get your Illinois National Guard Grant, Illinois Veterans Grant, or Illinois MIA/POW Scholarship eligibility letter, you can create an account and download your eligibility letter.

  1. Go to:
  2. Click on Login (upper, right hand corner)
  3. Choose the “Sign Up” tab
  4. Create your account by entering your personal information, creating a password, and your security question.
  5. Go to “ISAC Programs” tab
  6. Click on ING, IVG, or MIA/POW to check on your status.
  7. Under current status, you should see remaining points.
  8. Application status should show your application date, eligibility status, eligibility date, and your ING/IVG/MIAPOW number (eligibility letter).
  9. ING/IVG/MIAPOW History will show the colleges you have used your benefits at, the term used, the amount your benefit paid, hours you were enrolled (up to 12), and how many points you used.

Please check our Academic Calendars for specific dates here:

Each semester has registration, instruction beginning, block scheduling, last day to withdraw with 100% refund, last day to withdraw with “W” grade, and holiday dates.

The last day to withdraw with 100% is what the VRO refers to as a “dropped class.” When you drop a class, it does not appear on your unofficial transcripts, schedule, or bill. The cost of the class is refunded.

The last day to withdraw with “W” grade is what the VRO refers to as a “withdraw.” A “W” appears on your unofficial transcript.

To update your Direct Deposit information, please do one of the following:

  • Login to WAVE. On the main menu page once you have logged in, click the link to the left that says “Direct Deposit Enrollment Form” or “Change of Address” depending on what you need to do. Both procedures can be completed online.
  • Call Veterans Affairs at 1-888 GI BILL 1 (1-888-442-4551).
  • Login to eBenefits.

If you are a member of the Armed Forces on August 1, 2009 and eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, the Department of Defense (DoD) offers you the opportunity to transfer benefits to your spouse or dependents.

For more detailed information click here:

This program assists Veterans and dependents in learning a trade or skill through participating in apprenticeship or on-the-job training. You generally enter into a training contract for a specific time with an employer or union, at the end of your training period you gain job certification or journeyman status. In most instances you will receive a salary from your employer or union while you are training. As you progress through your training, your skill level increases and so does your salary.

For more information on enrolling in apprenticeship or on-the-job training contact your local VA office 1-888-GI BILL 1 (888-442-4551).

A student may take courses at more than one school that apply to his or her degree. The school that will grant the degree is the student’s “primary” school. All other schools are “secondary” schools.

The primary school must issue a “parent letter” to the secondary school; this should be coordinated by the student and their SCO’s. (Student must let their college know they are enrolled in classes at two locations.)

You must be eligible for and using a GI Bill® that covers test fees. Currently, Post 9/11, Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty, Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve, Veterans Educational Assistance Program, and Dependent Education Assistance is eligible for this benefit.

If you have applied for and are eligible for education benefits, you can apply for reimbursement of a test by sending VA a reimbursement request form.

To apply for reimbursement for a licensing or certification test (such as: MCSE, CADD, EMT, etc.), click here:

To apply for reimbursement for a National Test (such as: SAT, ACT, MCAT, CLEP), click here:

Submit these forms to VA via “Ask VA”.

The following active duty qualifies for Post-9/11 GI Bill® eligibility:

  • All Title 10 active duty supporting named contingency operations
  • Title 32 service for the purpose of organizing, administering, recruiting, instructing, or training the National Guard
  • Title 32 service under section 502(f) for the purpose of responding to a national emergency
  • All voluntary active duty, with the exception of active duty for medical care and medical evaluation
  • Title 10 service under 502(f): Title 10 service under 12301(h) for the purpose of receiving service-related medical care
  • A reservist who receives a Purple Heart for service occurring on or after September 11, 2001.
  • Service under 12304, 12304a, and 12304b orders, mobilization to provide assistance in response to a major disaster or emergency or for preplanned missions in support of combatant commands
  • Individuals ordered to active duty under section 12301(h) of title 10, USC to receive authorized medical care, to be medically evaluated for disability or other purposes, or to complete a required Department of Defense healthcare study.

All forms of inactive duty training (drills and funeral honors), as well as annual training do not qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® education benefit.

ADSW, ADOS, and ADT training performed under Title 32 are not considered qualifying service.

NOTE: This information was updated on 9/30/2020.