Skip to content

Dual Credit / Early College

New & Prospective Students & Parents

We are so glad you are interested in learning more about taking John A. Logan classes while you are in high school! Please see info below on how to get started in the program.

When can I get started?

High school students can begin enrolling and using the Early College waiver the summer after their sophomore year. High schools must approve all dual credit and Early College registrations. The Early College waiver can be used for six consecutive semesters beginning the summer after sophomore year, and expires when a student graduates from high school.

What do I need to do to register for classes?

To register for classes, students must:

  • Complete the Dual Credit/Early College Application for Admissions on the JALC website.
  • Have placement test scores on file with the College. Most of our students take the Accuplacer test on campus or at their high school with a JALC proctor. JALC also accepts qualifying ACT/SAT scores. Click here to schedule an Accuplacer test on campus. If you have taken the SAT/ACT, you can email your scores to
  • Complete a registration form. You can fill out a registration form with your high school counselor and email it to us, or you can complete the online registration form and make an appointment with our office to discuss what courses will best fit your education plans.
  • We will also need a copy of your high school transcript. If you are a homeschool student, you must provide proof of residency.

If you are interested in working towards a specific degree plan as a high school student, click here to view our degrees and certificates.