Skip to content

Dual Credit / Early College

FAQ About Dual Credit and Early College

  • Tuition and fees are waived for all dual credit classes taught by high school instructors. Students pay fees for dual credit taught by JALC faculty.
  • For Early College courses, the Early College waiver covers up to 8 credit hours of tuition per semester.  Students are responsible for all fees and course materials.
  • There is a technology fee of $5 per credit hour.  An activity fee is applied when students take six credit hours for fall and spring semesters of $65, and three credit hours in the summer for $40. There could also be individual course fees. Those vary by class and can be found on our fee list.
  • Outstanding bills must be paid below $200 before a student can register for the next semester.

This is possible in some special situations. Schedule an appointment with our office to discuss your options and degree requirements.

Most Illinois colleges and universities accept our courses as core or elective credit.  We are happy to help you with this process, and we also recommend contacting the transfer school directly to see how each of our JALC courses will transfer to that school. To send an official transcript to a college or university, go to Admissions and Records on the homepage and click Request a Transcript.

Please refer to your high school counselor or College Board website for AP information. You do not want to be doubling up on AP/dual credit courses. For example, if you take ENG 101 and 102 as dual credit or Early College, you do not want to take AP Comp at your high school. Again, please talk to your high school counselor because JALC does not control AP classes or your high school AP schedule.

  • To make a schedule change, complete a form with your school counselor, or email us at  We cannot make schedule changes over the phone and you cannot make changes yourself online.
  • You have the first 5 days of summer semester and the first 10 days of fall or spring semester to drop a class with a 100% refund if it’s a Full Semester class. Block classes (ORI 100) have a shorter period. If you drop a course at 100%, the course will be completely removed from your college transcript and you will not owe money for the course.
  • Withdrawals are allowed after the last day to drop with a 100% refund, and throughout most of the semester.  If you request to withdraw from a course, you will receive a “W” on your transcript.  Withdrawals remain on your permanent record and do not affect your college GPA, but could affect your federal financial aid eligibility if you withdraw from too many courses and you still have to pay for the course and/or fees.

You can request to have a dual credit or Early College grade changed to a “W” on your transcript by completing a grade change request form. Grade Change Requests change cannot be reversed.

We are located in C204/206. If you enter through the West Lobby where the clock tower is located, you can go straight down C Wing and we will be on the left in Academic Advisement. Click here for a detailed campus map.

College Readiness and Dual Credit Contact Information: