“The Center is devoted to training the unemployed, underemployed, and currently employed who need to upgrade workplace skills.”
Programs and Services:
- Continuing and Professional Education
- Workforce Training, Special Programs and Short-Term Courses
- Customized training programs geared to specific business and industry needs.
- Special needs projects or consulting services.
- Identifying and developing educational programs needed for emerging occupations.
- Planning and coordination of conferences, seminars, and workshops developed for area businesses, organizational groups, and governmental agencies dealing with work force topics or events.
- Catering services available through approved vendors.
The most important aspect to remember is that all services and training are customized to meet your needs. When planning a workshop, an instructor or representative from the Center will meet with you and discuss your needs. This includes the location where the topic will be taught, length of the program, content included in the presentation, time the workshop is to take place, and whether college credit is to be issued to your employees.
In 2018, John A. Logan College’s Center for Business and Industry was renamed the Center for Workforce Development to encompass all the training and services available to individual workers and area employers.
The Center supports training demands by providing:
- Short-term vocational courses
- Customized training geared to specific employer needs
- Conferences, seminars, and workshops developed for area businesses, organizational groups, and governmental agencies dealing with workforce topics or events
- Continuing education and professional development
The Center for Workforce Development has enjoyed many accolades derived from its quality programs and services it provides to the community.