July 14, 2022
On Wednesday, July 13, Governor JB Pritzker announced that the Vaccine mandate for higher education employees and students was not reissued. As of Monday, July 18, John A. Logan College will no longer require weekly COVID testing for non-vaccinated employees and students. We want to remind everyone that COVID has not gone away. Regardless of vaccination status, all employees who feel symptomatic should test and report any positive results to Human Resources. Students that test positive should report their results to their instructors.
All COVID-19 related student and employee communications will be sent via your JALC provided email account. Students, if you are having trouble accessing your VOLMAIL, please contact the IT Helpdesk at https://www.jalc.edu/it/student-help-desk/.
Other important COVID-19 information will be sent through JALCTEXT. This is an opt-in service, and individuals must register in order to receive texts. To register for JALCTEXT, visit https://www.jalc.edu/admissions/jalctext/.
All public information will be disseminated to local media outlets and posted on all JALC social media accounts as well as the JALC website.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
- IDPH – Illinois Department of Public Health
- WHO – World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports
- CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CDC – Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs)
- CDC – Quarantine and Isolation
- ICCB – Illinois Community College Board – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources
- State of Illinois – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- IBHE – Phase 5 Guidance