In accordance with the CDC and IDPH,
We Suggest All Individuals Wear Masks on Campus
July 28, 2021
We are determined to maintain our plan of face-to-face classes, in combination with on-line and hybrid courses in the Fall semester. Through the use of masks, social distancing, and proper hygiene, we are striving to provide a safe learning and working environment for all.
According to the CDC:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you can participate in many of the activities that you did before the pandemic.
- To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, the CDC and IDPH suggests that everyone wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission. Currently Region 5, which includes all counties in the JALC district, is considered under a substantial risk.
- We have re-engaged our COVID Coordinator, classrooms are being prepared to comply with COVID protocols, sanitation stations and masks will be available in every classroom. All classrooms and public areas will be sanitized, especially high touch areas, each evening.
JALC has created a COVID Taskforce to assist in providing guidance for the College community. They are schedule to meet Thursday, July 29 at 1:00 pm. In addition, ICCB leadership is meeting at 2:00 pm Thursday. Meeting outcomes and updates will be communicated to the campus community.
Kirk Overstreet, PhD.
President, John A. Logan College
- IDPH – Illinois Department of Public Health
- WHO – World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports
- CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- ICCB – Illinois Community College Board – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Resources
- State of Illinois – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response