Early Childhood Education Program
Graduates of this two-year Early Childhood Education Program will be trained to provide education and care for children in public child care settings to include the following: maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment; providing experiences to promote physical, intellectual, social/emotional, and language/literacy development; using positive guidance/discipline strategies; establishing positive and productive relationships with families; and operating a well-run program for children that adheres to legal requirements and a professional code of ethics.
Students are also trained to provide important support services in elementary and secondary public schools as teacher assistants, school office assistants, school library assistants, and playground assistants.
- Dr. Marilyn Toliver
- Email: email@example.com
- Early Childhood Access Consortium for Equity (ECACE) Scholarship (PDF)
- Early Childhood Education book marker/brochure (PDF)
- JALC Child Care Resource Referral website
- National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs
- ExceleRate Illinois: Preparing Children For Success
- To learn more about Gateways Credentials, Scholarship Program, and Great START go to the Gateways to Opportunity website: https://www.ilgateways.com/