JALC To Present Virtual Presentation of Schoolhouse Rock Live!
Published on April 20, 2021
A pop culture phenomenon comes to the stage in Schoolhouse Rock Live! The Emmy Award-winning 1970s Saturday morning cartoon series that taught history, grammar, math and more through clever, tuneful songs is not only making a small-screen comeback, it’s lighting up stages everywhere. Schoolhouse Rock Live! follows Tom, a nerve-wracked school teacher who is nervous about his first day of teaching. He tries to relax by watching TV, when various characters representing facets of his personality emerge from the set and show him how to win his students over with imagination and music, through such songs as “Just a Bill,” “Lolly, Lolly, Lolly” and “Conjunction Junction.”
This will be a fully-staged, virtual production complete with scenery, costumes, choreography, lighting, etc. and will be presented via the ShowTix4U streaming service on April 29th, 30th and May 1st. Since the show is being streamed, that means you can check it out in the comfort of your own home!
Performance times are as follows:
April 29th at 7:00 p.m.
April 30th at 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Our recently added 10:00 a.m. show would be great for teachers to watch with students!)
May 1st at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets for this virtual production are only $8.00, however there is an additional transaction fee charged by the streaming company for each ticket purchased. All tickets for Schoolhouse Rock: LIVE are available to purchase online at https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/48040.
Here’s a quick and helpful walk-through on how to purchase a ticket:
- Visit https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/48040. Once you’re on the website, you’ll see a calendar with the three available performance dates. Click on “Buy Stream” on the date for which you’re looking to purchase a ticket. You’ll then be re-directed to the next page. Once you are directed to the next page, you will have 10 minutes to complete your ticket purchase.
- Select the number of “devices”. The word “devices” is used because you need to buy a separate ticket for each electronic device on which you plan to view the performance For example, if you have one family member who plans to watch the performance on an iPhone in the bedroom while another family member watches the performance on a laptop in the living room, you would need to buy a ticket for each device, one for the iPhone and one for the laptop. If your whole family is going to watch the show together, then you would only need to buy a ticket for one device. There will also be a “Credit Ticket Sales To” dropdown menu. Simply select “John A. Logan College, Producer” from that menu and then click “Checkout”.
- You’ll then be taken to another screen with “Coupon/Flexpass” and “Shipping Method” boxes. You can ignore those boxes since there are no coupons or Flexpass options for this show and the only shipping method for your ticket will be through e-mail. When you’re ready to proceed, click “Checkout”.
- The next screen you’ll see is a “Customer Information” screen. Fill out all of your information and answer the quick survey questions at the bottom of the page. Once you’ve answered the survey questions, a box will appear to enter your credit card information. Enter your credit card number, expiration date and CVC code (located on the back of your card) and then click “Pay With Card”.
- You’ll then be sent a virtual ticket to the e-mail address you provided on the “Customer Information” screen. In that e-mail, you’ll see a box that says “Click to Watch Stream”. On the night of the performance, go to that e-mail and click the “Click to Watch Stream” box. You might also be asked to enter an access code. Your personalized access code can be found in your e-mail just under the “Click to Watch Stream” box. It is very important to note that ShowTix4U has set up a feature within its system that does not allow access codes to be shared. If you attempt to share your access code with someone else so that they can watch the performance on another device, that access code will no longer be accessible for anyone, including the person who originally purchased the ticket.
- Once you’ve clicked on “Click to Watch Stream” on the night of the performance, that’s the last step! You’ll be taken to the Show Viewer page and you can sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
If you have additional questions about how to purchase tickets or how the virtual stream viewing process works, please feel free to contact Brandyn McGhee (Theatre Technician) via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 618-985-2828 and using extension 8542. If you reach a voice mailbox at the time of your call, please leave your name, number and a message and someone will get back to you as soon as possible!