Desire2Learn accounts are created automatically when you enroll in classes. Currently the account creation and enrollment process takes about 24 hours to complete.
If you were a JALC student Prior to April 15, 2016
Your account information will be as follows:
- username: first initial of your firstname followed by your last name, the last four digits of your student ID number, followed by @volmail.jalc.edu
- password: the two-digit day of your birth followed by the two-digit month of your birth and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Name: Johnny Logan
- Student ID Number: 2981234
- Date of Birth: 07/04/1993
- SNN: 123-45-6789
If you registered as a JALC student Starting on April 15, 2016 or after
Your account information:
- Was emailed to the Primary Personal Email Account that you provided during registration
- The email notification contains a student's Username, Email Address, Student ID, and Password to log into JALC systems.
Example of email received:
Your Volmail UserName is: 2981234
Your Volmail Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Volmail Password is:T12x58!?
Login Issues: If you have difficulty logging in please contact IT at: email@example.com or ext: 8388.
D2L TECHNICAL HELP
If you have experienced a technical problem in Desire2Learn with a test, posting to a discussion, etc., you should contact a Desire2Learn Administrator by email or call during the regular work week:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For help, please contact:
- Learning Resource Center
- 618.985.2828, Ext. 8278
- Krystal Reagan - Associate Dean for Education Technology
- 618.985.2828, Ext. 8596
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
D2L COURSE/CONTENT HELP
Questions about course content should be directed to the instructor for that specific course.