- The Nursing and Allied Health Student Success Liaison will support students enrolled in the Practical Nursing, Associate Degree Nursing, and Allied Health programs by serving as an educational liaison who ensures student success by coordinating with faculty to identify students in need of additional support, facilitating the support, and/or providing that support. Additionally, the liaison will educate prospective students on healthcare career pathways and assist with identifying educational opportunities that segway to employment.
- Refer students to appropriate support service PATH team member
- Arrange or provide academic tutoring
- Establish and coordinate learning communities and group study sessions as needed
- Create and utilize student progress system to enhance student success
- Collaborate with allied health and nursing faculty to identify support necessary for student success
- Promote an educational environment that recognizes and values diversity, equity, and inclusion as integral components of academic excellence
- Educate students on healthcare career pathways and assist them in securing external educational opportunities that lead to employment
- Employee will have regular contact with students, college employees, nursing and allied health faculty, and community partners
- Other duties as assigned.
- Duties must be performed on John A. Logan College campus or designated location.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Current Illinois Registered Professional Nursing License
- Minimum of two years’ clinical experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively as a team member
- Excellent customer service
- Problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster professional relationships with external partners
- Strong technology skills
- Master’s degree in nursing
- Two years of healthcare education experience
- Professional experience in a community college setting
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Type of Position: Full-time; Grant; Professional Staff; Level 2
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday (some evenings and weekends will be required)
Salary range starts at: $60,000
Send a John A. Logan College Non-Teaching Professional application (PDF) resume and copy of all transcripts to email@example.com or mail it to the address listed below.
John A. Logan College
Office of Human Resources Room C116
700 Logan College Drive
Carterville, IL 62918