- Recruit potential students for the program and work with area agencies who deal with disadvantaged workers.
- Work with students to help determine their needs and provide individual students performance plans to meet program goals.
- Establish a working relationship with local highway construction contractors and trade unions for the purpose of placing students.
- Advise students of program requirements, verify their qualifications for the program, assist with job search activities and produce training materials and equipment.
- Recruit and supervise qualified instructors. Work with Illinois Department of Transportation staff to ensure all reporting and program requirements are met.
- Develop classes following College and ICCB rules.
- Attend meetings and conferences.
- Work with diverse populations.
- Ensure program funds are spent in compliance with restrictions and guidelines set by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
- Attend Illinois Department of Transportation pre-construction meetings, as needed, for contracts containing the Trainer Special Provision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Duties must be performed on John A. Logan College campus or designated location.
- Associate’s degree in a construction related field or five years of construction experience
- 3 – 5 years in different areas of the construction industry and a solid working knowledge in supervising people and workplace safety
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or workforce education
- 3 years working in highway construction industry utilizing supervisory, communication, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
Deadline to Apply: September 28, 2023, at the close of business
Type of Position: Full-time; Grant; Professional Staff; Level 1
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Salary range starts at: $40,000
Send a John A. Logan College Non-Teaching Professional application (PDF) resume and copy of all transcripts to email@example.com or mail it to the address listed below.
John A. Logan College
Office of Human Resources Room C116
700 Logan College Drive
Carterville, IL 62918