John A. Logan College seeks a seasoned law enforcement professional to head its efforts to develop a Basic Police Training Program at the College and create the JALC Law Enforcement Academy of Southern Illinois. Functions performed include direct supervision of adjunct instructors, course development, validation and articulation, strategic planning, internal and external mandated reporting, development and maintenance of student-specific relations with customer police departments and the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB). This position has the possibility to be full-time, and will be reassigned a new supervisor at a later date.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and creation of a Basic Police Training Program at JALC to be approved by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB).
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the program.
- Manage and supervise the JALC Basic Police Training Program daily operations.
- Develop and implement marketing and enrollment plan.
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate course curriculum, new delivery modalities, online trainings, etc.
- Develop policies and procedures in compliance with the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, NIMS, Department of Homeland Security, local state and county law enforcement departments, etc.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, evaluate and develop instructors in conjunction with larger CTE and Community Education Division.
- Recruit students, serve as program ambassador and represent the College at public events, chambers of commerce, related associations, JALC committees, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Duties must be performed on John A. Logan College campus or designated location.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field
- 10 years’ experience as a law enforcement officer including 5 years as a law enforcement supervisor
- Master’s degree in criminal justice or related field
- 20 years’ experience as a law enforcement officer including 5 years as a law enforcement supervisor
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Type of Position: Part-time; Professional Staff; Level 3
Hours: Up to 29 hours per week
Salary: $36.06 per hour
Send a John A. Logan College Non-Teaching Professional application (PDF) resume and copy of all transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the address listed below.
John A. Logan College
Office of Human Resources Room C116
700 Logan College Drive
Carterville, IL 62918