Five Ways to Find Money For Study Abroad
- Start a personal Study Abroad fund. Open an account with as little as $50 or $100 and add to it as funds become available.
- Instead of presents, ask for money for Study Abroad for your birthday and holidays.
- Save all you can from your job to put into the fund and count on increasing it substantially from summer employment.
- Make an appointment in the Financial Aid Office to see whether you might be eligible for a grant or other aid, or a student loan. Remember that if you are already receiving financial aid, you may be eligible for an increased amount for the higher costs of a program abroad.
- Apply for scholarships awarded each year. Qualified JALC students get some funding from the college. Other scholarships are competitive.