Health Screening Process
All students, staff, and visitors will be required to go through a daily wellness screening process to enter campus buildings. Check the screening locations and map located on the COVID webpage https://www.jalc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/campus_map_health_screening_locations.pdf. Notice some screening locations will remain unstaffed, so please pass through a staffed screening location if you need assistance.
At the staffed screening locations, here is what you can expect:
- A waiting line for screening is possible during high traffic times.
- Self-Screening typically takes about 2 – 3 seconds. Please follow the social distance stickers and traffic flow arrows. You will want to allow some extra time for screening to get to your classes on time.
- Screeners will be wearing an orange vest and radios. The staffed station hours are (Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
- Campus Police will maintain a presence at the staffed locations.
- We will have PPE at the screening locations if needed.
- Please look for the posted signs for additional instructions or directions.
- We will have hand thermometers available for re-checks.
- Failed screening logs will be at each location with referral sheets.
- Everyone’s patience will make this a smoother process that works.
- No stickers will be issued.
- Note: the front door (Bell Tower entry) will remain closed, but entry into B – wing can be obtained by using the access doors between the main building and the administrative building. Use the sidewalk to the right of the Bell Tower. Signs will be posted.