JALC COVID-19 Safety Measures
- We recommend checking in at the temperature self-check stations at the entrance to all buildings: J (Logan Fitness), H (Construction Management and Workforce Development), B (Main Entrance), E (Coffee Shop), G (Nursing and Electronics), and D (Cosmetology). Temperature self-check stations are provided for your convenience, but are not required. If the scanner indicates you have a fever, please wait 30 seconds and try again. If it still indicates you have a fever, please leave the building and follow the COVID-19 Symptom Flow Chart for guidance.
JALC Cleaning Protocol
- JALC will be following the guidance provided by IDPH for schools and colleges in reference to the COVID-19 pandemic. (link)
- As per the IDPH guidelines, high touch points, restrooms, and skin contact surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the school day. The College has two full-time custodians during peak daytime hours to provide cleaning services throughout the day. Whenever possible, high use areas will be cleaned between classes. However, this will be limited by custodial staffing levels. Deep cleaning occurs during the evening hours each school day.
- The college has “gym wipes” available for hard surfaces and objects more sensitive to moisture. Other surfaces are cleaned using non-aerosol spray disinfectants and disposable wipes. Supplies will be furnished upon request to identified areas not already equipped. To request a room be furnished with supplies, please contact Facility Services at 8624.
- The IT department has provided appropriate cleaning wipes for keyboards and electronic equipment in the computer labs.
- In areas of the building where we have a known positive COVID-19 case, the College has electrostatic sprayers designed for the improved distribution of disinfectants to surfaces. These applicators will be used in areas deemed to be at higher risk.
The JALC Facility Services Department will continue to monitor cleaning protocols as they evolve, and will rely on the CDC and IDPH for the best practices guidance in cleaning and protection protocols. Questions or comments about JALC custodial services can be forwarded to email@example.com.