John A. Logan College has partnered with CLEARED4, a user-friendly and simple way to track your vaccination status or COVID-19 testing status. To use the system, there is NO app to download and no username/passwords to remember. Please follow the instructions below.
- You will receive a welcome email with instructions from email@example.com. This email will be sent to your JALC provided email account, so make sure you are checking it often. The email will contain a secure, private and personal link that opens your personal CLEARED4 interface. Open the URL in the email to access your JALC CLEARED4 account. Do not share your link with anyone else, as it is a unique link for each person.
- You will then be asked to read and accept the disclaimer. Review the disclaimer, then select “I Accept” to proceed.
- If you are vaccinated, you should choose “Enter Your Vaccination Data”.
Uploading Your Vaccination Card
- You will then see the following screen. You will need to take a picture of your vaccine card and upload it in order to proceed.
- After you have uploaded a picture of your vaccination card, choose the correct vaccination vendor from the drop-down menu. Enter the vaccination date(s) for your dose(s) (and booster if applicable). If the vaccine is a single dose, only one date is required. Select “Add” to continue.
A confirmation message displays to confirm your documents were submitted and are pending review. Select “OK” and you’re done!
- Once your vaccination record is reviewed and accepted, you will receive an email with a link to your pass. This pass is effective until the vaccine expires, and will be scanned as you enter campus.
- When you click on the link in the e-mail, you will see the following screen. Click on “Show Access Pass” to see your actual pass. You may pull up the pass on your smart phone as you enter campus, or you can print out the QR code from a computer and have it ready to be scanned as you enter campus.
- If your vaccination information is rejected for some reason, the system will send a text and email asking you to re-upload your vaccination record to be re-verified.
Uploading a COVID-19 Test Result
If you are not vaccinated, you should choose “Upload Covid-19 Test Proof”. Testing must be done every week if you are not vaccinated. See JALC COVID-19 Testing Protocols for JALC testing requirements.
- Upload a picture or file containing your valid COVID-19 test result. The test date must fall within the last seven days. Verify the result, the test type (PCR, antibody, antigen, molecular), the testing date and the result date. Select “Add”. (File types accepted: jpg, png, PDF, Word document).
- You will receive a message saying your upload was successful. Select “OK”, and you’re done. Your test will be reviewed and verified by our COVID-19 team.
- If your test results are approved, the system will send an email and text message with a link to your pass. This pass is effective for nine days from the date of testing. You will need to upload a new negative test before your current pass expires to have a pass to enter campus.
- Click the link in your email, and you will see the following screen. Click on “Show Access Pass” to get your pass to enter campus. This pass is linked to your account and will be scanned every time you enter campus. The pass is good for nine days from your testing date, so you will need to upload a new negative test to your portal before the pass expires. Your personalized pass will be similar to the one pictured below.
- If your test is rejected, the system sends an email and text asking for the COVID-19 test result to be re-uploaded for a second review process.
- If you tested positive for Covid-19, please upload your positive test result. You are not cleared to be on campus at John A. Logan College. You will need to quarantine for 5 days, with the day you tested being day “0”. You can return on day 6 as long as you haven’t had a fever for 24 hours without medication and you don’t have strong symptoms. You will need to contact your instructors/supervisor to inform them of your absence and email our Covid-19 team at firstname.lastname@example.org.