Merit Award Application Guidelines
Requests for financial support must show the following:
- Benefit to the College
- Necessary for course articulation or program enhancement
- Innovative course design
The following outline must be used for submitting a request.
All requests must be signed and dated:
- Cover sheet - Include the title of the merit award request, the name of eligible person requesting funds, and a statement of the amount requested.
- Rationale (Statement of Need) - Make a brief statement as to why this merit award request is necessary or desired.
- General Objective Of The Project - Include an explanation of what you plan to accomplish with this merit award.
- Procedures to Accomplish Objective -
- Specify how the above objective will be met, and be specific
- Submit a detailed budget
- Timetable - When will the project begin and end? Detail activities.
- Meet the Criteria - How does the request meet one or more of the above criteria for the Center for Excellence Merit Award? The request must meet at least one of the above criteria.
- Share the Results - How will the results of the project be shared with the College? (Faculty forum, brown bag lunch, staff development activity, new course, etc.)