High quality Childcare and Preschool services for children ages 15 months through 6 years. Our programs are available for students, faculty and staff, as well as the public. Meals are served onsite. They are provided by JALC’s catering service, Chartwell’s.
- DCFS Licensed
- NAC Accredited
- Rated at the Gold Circle of Quality through ExceleRate Illinois Program
Part day options include:
- Preschool for All (aka Pre-K or PFA) for children 3-5 years old who qualify. This program is provided by a grant from the Illinois State Board of Education. A five day per week commitment is required. The program hours are 8 AM-11 AM (breakfast included) or 1 PM-4 PM (snack included). The PFA classes meet August –May.
- Preschool for children 3-6 years old. This is a fee based program. Families may choose 2, 3, or 5 days per week. The program hours are 8:30 AM-11:00 AM (breakfast included) or 1:30-4:00 PM (snack included).
- Childcare for children 15 months-5 years old. This program has flexible scheduling for families needing services for less than four hours per day. Children receive the benefits of high quality programing offered throughout the day. Meals served are based on each’s child’s schedule.
Full day options include:
- Childcare for children 15 months – 3 years. This program is designed for families needing more than four hours of services per day. The flexible schedule includes meals, high quality learning activities, language development, and socialization. Breakfast, lunch, and a snack are included depending on the child’s schedule. (This class usually has a 6-12 month waitlist.)
- Childcare for children 3-5 years whose families need more than 4 hours of services per day. This flexible schedule includes Preschool and/or PFA (Pre-K) class. Breakfast, lunch, and snack are included depending on the child’s schedule.