What's my Username & Password?
Your Login Information
Your Volmail Email Address, Username/Student ID, and initial Password are sent to the personal email account you listed on your application to the College (From: firstname.lastname@example.org –OR- Logan-Login-Info@jalc.edu). Remember to check Junk Mail/Clutter if you do not see that email.
Your Volmail (email) account will create 24 hours after you are formally accepted to the college. It’s important that you check it, as this is the way your instructors will contact you.
You will use your Username/Student ID and Password to access:
- Volmail (Email)
- MyJALC (Schedules, Grades, Bursar Bills, Transcripts, Add/Drop Classes)
- Desire2Learn (Online and hybrid classes)
- The College’s WiFi network (High speed/High security wireless connectivity)
You can register with Password Manager and change your password at any time by clicking the “Change Password” button above. You will need to register with password manager before you can change your password. Once registered you can even change your password if you forget your current one.
If you ever need to find your Username/Student ID in the future:
- Go to jalc.edu
- Click on MyJALC near the top right hand corner of the page.
- Once in MyJALC, click on “Find My ID” under Quick Links on the left.
- Enter your first name, last name, date of birth and social security number.
Help with Volmail
You can reach the Student Help Desk 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, at: 618-985-2828, Extension 8388.
John A. Logan students should contact the Help Desk for the following problems:
- You’re not able to log into your account (Volmail, MyJALC, D2L).
- You’re not able to log into the College’s WiFi network.
Please take a look at the FAQ page under Student Resources before contacting the Student Help Desk.
Setting Up Volmail on Your Phone
- To Set up Volmail on an Android Phone (PDF)
- To Set up Volmail on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (PDF)
- Set Up Volmail on an Windows Phone (PDF)
- Learn how to forward your Volmail to another account and more here: Volmail Tips (PDF)