New Students Start Here
New Students Start Here
Your Login Information
Once you have been admitted to the College, your Volmail Email Address, Username/Student ID, and initial Password are sent to the personal email account you listed on your application (From: email@example.com –OR- Logan-Login-Info@jalc.edu). Remember to check Junk Mail/Clutter if you do not see that email.
You will use your Username/Student ID and Password to access:
- Volmail (Email)
- MyJALC (Schedules, Grades, Bursar Bills, Transcripts, Add/Drop Classes)
- Desire2Learn (Online and hybrid classes)
- The College’s Wi-Fi network (High speed/High security wireless connectivity)
Complete the Following Tasks by the First Day of Classes!
- Click Here to Register With Password Manager
You will need to register, so you can change your password to something that’s easier to remember, reset your password if you forget it, and create a new password when it’s set to expire. You will only need to register once.
- Click Here to Change Your Password
Change your initial password to something that is easier to remember. Your password must be at least 8 characters and contain at least 3 out of 4 of the following: lowercase letter; uppercase letter; number; and special character (e.g.: !,@,#,$,%,^,&).
- Log Into MyJALC (my.jalc.edu)
Click the link above, then click the Login button at the top. You’ll be able to return to MyJALC any time by clicking the link near the top right hand corner of the JALC website. Here you can:
- View your schedule: Students tab >My Course Schedule.
- View your bursar bill: Students tab >Financial Aid >My Student Information (invoice, account balance).
- Order an official transcript: Students tab >Admissions (info) >Order Official Transcript.
- See your grades: Students tab >Admissions (info) >My Unofficial Transcript, My Course History or My Grade Report.
- Add or drop classes: Students tab >Add/Drop classes.
- Navigate to important resources: Home page, under Campus Resources.
- Log Into Volmail (volmail.jalc.edu)
It’s important that you check your Volmail, as this is the way instructors will contact you. If you prefer, you can forward your Volmail to another email account, for info on how to do this and more, click the “Volmail Tips” link (MyJALC Home page >VOLmail >Volmail Tips).
- Click Here to Create a JALCText Account
You will need to create a JALCText account to get emergency and campus closure text alerts on your cell phone. This is a service that you’ll have to opt in to, as these accounts are not created automatically.
- Log Into Desire2Learn (learn.jalc.edu)
Many courses require you to use Desire2Learn (D2L), the college’s distance learning platform. If you’re registered for any online or hybrid classes, they will appear in D2L at the beginning of each semester (some courses might not appear in D2L until the first day of classes).
- Click Here to Find Syllabi for Your Classes
A syllabus provides important information about a course, such as which books are required and how students will be graded. You can find syllabi for your classes in the “Syllabi Portal” which is listed in the “Campus Resources” section of the MyJALC Home page (some syllabi may not get posted until the first day of classes).
- Log Into OneDrive
John A Logan students automatically get a full Terabyte (1,024 GB) of cloud storage on OneDrive. With OneDrive you can ditch your thumb drive and store your coursework in the cloud. Your OneDrive account also gives you access to Office365, the web based version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Install Microsoft Office for Free!
John A. Logan Students can install the full-featured Microsoft Office Suite on up to 5 computers (Windows or Mac) for FREE! You can also install Microsoft Office phone and tablet apps for free from your device’s app store.
Complete Items 10 & 11 Once You Arrive on Campus:
- Log Into the Wireless Network
Connect to "LoganLive! Student Wireless" using your Username/Student ID and Password. Make sure "Connect automatically" is checked.
- Click Here to Print Documents for Free!
John A. Logan students can print for free from their own personal computers, or the College’s open access computer labs (C238 and C231A).
Help with Technology
If you are unable to log into Volmail, or any other service (D2L, MyJALC, Wireless), you can contact the IT Help Desk’s 24 hour help line at 618-985-2828 extension 8388.
If you ever need to find your Username/Student ID in the future:
- Go to jalc.edu
- Click on MyJALC near the top right hand corner of the page.
- Once in MyJALC, click on “Find My ID” under Quick Links on the left.
- Enter your first name, last name, date of birth and social security number.
Direct Links to Important Resources
Install Office/Use Office365: office365.jalc.edu
Useful Telephone Extensions
College Phone Number: 618-985-2828
Academic Advisement: extension 8070
Questions about courses and academic programs
Admissions: extension 8298
Questions about admissions, transcripts, account information
Bookstore: extension 8127
Questions about textbooks and course related supplies
Bursar: extension 8440
Questions about tuition, fees and bills
Financial Aid: extension 8308
Questions about Financial Aid, FAFSA
IT Help Desk: extension 8388
Questions about logging in and wireless connectivity
Learning Resource Center: extension 8278
Questions about Desire2Learn