Students, faculty and staff are invited to submit creative pieces for publication in the 2016 third edition of “Diversity Spotlight.” Please share with interested students in your classes.
Submissions may include artwork, stories, creative non-fiction, drama, fiction, poetry, and song lyrics.
The theme for this semester’s diversity events programming is “Spirituality and Religion in a Diverse World.”
- Writings should not be more than 250 words.
- Submissions should be relevant to the above theme which is spirituality and religious differences, faith and knowledge in higher education, stories about facing or combating religious prejudices, fostering and sustaining a culture of respect, remarkable moments of inclusion and other issues of diversity and inclusion in our world today.
- Submissions should include the name of the author, year in college (JALC students), job title (faculty and staff) and e-mail.
- All work should be saved in .doc (Word) or .doxc (Mac) format.
- Photos and artwork should be sent as high quality .jpg files.
- Please take the time to proof and edit your work.
Submissions must be received by Friday, January 29, 2016.
Send submissions to and/or contact for questions:Toyin Fox
Director of Diversity & Inclusion
John A. Logan College
700 Logan College Road
Carterville, IL 62918
1-618-985-3741 Ext. 8586