The Aquatic Center consists of two pools. The 75' x 58' lap pool is kept at 83-84 degrees and ranges in depth from 3.5 feet to 10 feet. The 68' x 39' therapy pool is kept at 92 degrees and ranges in depth from 1 inch to 5 feet.
Aquatic Center Rules:
- Modest swim apparel only (no thong swim suits)
- A warm, soapy shower without swim suit must be taken immediately prior to entering the pool.
- Food, drink, personal sound systems, back packs, purses, and clothing will not be permitted into the pool area.
- Children under the age of 12 who are taking swimming lessons MUST have an adult guardian on deck
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean and sanitary. Cotton clothing is to be avoided for in-pool use.
- Admission to the pool is refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, inflamed eyes, ear discharges or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, com plaster bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages or other bandages of any kind will not be permitted. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted admittance to the pool area.
- No food, gum, alcohol, or tobacco will be allowed in the pool area.
- Glass, soap, or other material which might create hazardous conditions or interfere with efficient operation of the swimming pool shall not be permitted in the swimming pool or on the pool deck.
- Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or rough play is permitted.
- All children who are not toilet-trained shall wear tightly fitting rubber or plastic pants
- Diving in shallow water is not permitted. Water must be at least 8 feet to dive.
- Flips are not permitted
* Patrons must be age 15 or older to use the aquatic center during open swim times.
Violation of Community Health Education Complex or College policies may result in loss of facility privileges.
Attendance: Upon entering the center, the patron types in their ID number at the computer desk to log in. The patron will again enter their ID number before leaving to log out. ID numbers will be given to you upon registration or can be obtained from the front desk worker.
Non-Credit Courses in the Therapy Pool:
- Ai Chi
- Arthritis Aquatics
- Aqua Yoga
- Parent & Tot Swim
- Post-Injury Aquatic Strength & Conditioning
Non-Credit Courses in the Lap Pool:
- 1-on-1 Swim Lessons
- Advanced Swimming
- Aqua Toning & Aerobics—Shallow Water
- Aqua Toning & Aerobics –Deep Water
- Beginner Group Swim Lessons
- Competitive Youth Swimming
- Intermediate Group Swim Lessons
- Junior Lifeguarding
- Lifeguard Certification and Re-Certification
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification
- Water Safety Instructor Certification