Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center
The Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at John A. Logan College helps local small businesses to enter and succeed in the world of government contracting. Along with technical assistance, the Illinois PTAC provides companies with immediate email alerts on solicitations that are issued for their particular products or services.
PTAC helps companies gain knowledge of standards and how to comply. In addition, PTAC provides the personalized technical assistance on bidding procedures and regulations that must be met when selling to the government. The one-on-one support PTAC offers is instrumental for small companies that are new to the government procurement process.
- Customized computerized bid matching
- One-on-One counseling, customized assistance
- Registrations – we take our clients through all steps needed as required by the State of Illinois and the federal government to be an approved vendor
- Certifications – WBE, MBE, SDB, 8A, SDVOSB, DBE, HUBZone, WOSB, EDWOSB– we assist those clients that are eligible to get certified
- Assistance with review of bid proposal
- Market Research – for our small businesses we can identify the Small Business Specialists at federal agencies to make initial contacts
- Procurement Histories – if a product and the federal government has supplied an NSN – we can do additional research
- Sponsor workshops, seminars, trade shows and networking opportunities
Additionally, the PTAC is a member of Illinois Entrepreneurship and Small Business Growth Association which includes Entrepreneurship Centers, Small Business Development Centers, International Trade Centers, Illinois Manufacturing Extension Centers, and Illinois Technology Centers. The ILPTAC located at John A. Logan College works with businesses in the 30 southernmost counties of the state. Any prospective or existing Illinois business owner may take advantage of the services available through this network.