Some of the Educational Programs and Services the Center Provides are:
- Customized training programs geared to specific business and industry needs
- Special needs projects or consulting services.
- Identifying and developing educational programs needed for emerging occupations.
- Planning and coordination of conferences, seminars, and workshops developed for area businesses, organizational groups, and governmental agencies dealing with work force topics or events.
- Catering services through Chartwells.
The most important aspect to remember is that all services and training are customized to meet your needs. When planning a workshop, an instructor or representative from the Center will meet with you and discuss your needs. This includes the location where the topic will be taught, length of the program, content included in the presentation, time the workshop is to take place, and whether college credit is to be issued to your employees.
In October of 2004, the Center for Business and Industry was recognized nationally for its economic development efforts. The award was presented on behalf of the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT), based in Washington, D.C.
The Association of Community College Trustees recognizes exceptional programs and services which encourage economic development in a given community college district. Along with receiving the award, a contingent from the College administration and Board of Trustees was asked to speak in New Orleans during the (ACCT) Leadership Congress in October of 2006.
The Center for Business and Industry has enjoyed many accolades derived from its quality programs and services it provides to the community.