The John A. Logan College Board of Trustees has authorized the College to implement guidelines, consistent with existing law, for classifying students as Illinois In-District, Illinois Out-of-District, Out-of-State, or International for tuition assessment purposes.
A student is considered to be in-district if the student's legal residence is within the boundaries of Community College District 530. In-district residency must be established 30 days prior to the beginning date of the semester.
New students and those changing address and residency status will be required to provide proof of residency at the time of enrollment. Residency may be validated by completing the Application for Change of Residency Classification Form (PDF) and providing evidence of occupancy of a dwelling in the college district, for other than educational purposes. Approved documents to verify in-district residency include:
- Illinois driver’s license, state ID, or voter’s registration with an Illinois address in the John A. Logan College District.
- Proof of ownership and/or leased occupancy of a residence in the John A. Logan College District.
- Real estate tax statement for property with the John A. Logan College District #530.
- Letter from an in-district employer on company letterhead indicating employment of at least 35 hours per week for at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester. (must be updated each semester)
- A bank statement or utility bill in the name of the student with an in-district address.
- A final transcript from an in-district high school with a graduation date within the past five years.
A student who is living outside District 530, is a resident of the State of Illinois and does not attend John A. Logan College under the terms of a joint agreement or chargeback agreement will be designated an out-of-district student and will be charged the appropriate tuition rate. Students will be required to provide proof of residency at the time of enrollment.
Out-of-district students who attend the College under the terms of a joint agreement between John A. Logan College and another community college district, or for whom chargeback authorization has been given by the student's home district, will be charged in-district tuition. Students will be required to provide proof of residency at the time of enrollment.
Out-of-district students who are employed at least 35 hours per week by an entity located within District 530 may qualify for in-district rates. Students must complete the Application for Change of Residency Classification Form and provide the required employment verification. This verification must be completed each semester.
Any student who is a resident of another state will be considered an out-of-state student and will be charged the appropriate tuition rate.
Any student who is a resident of another country will be charged the international tuition rate. International students who have been issued an F-1 Student Visa to attend John A. Logan College are not eligible for in-district, in-state, or out-of-state tuition rates.